Using CM Color Adjuster

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.

Moderator: Technical Support Team

Mark
Chairman

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by Mark »

Using CM Color Adjuster

Have you followed the instructions to the letter, watched the tutorial video and read through the solutions provided below?

If these solutions have not helped you with your issue, please use this thread to report your issue and in order for us to help you, please be as detailed as possible! Once a solution has been found, we will add it to the Q&A's below for others who may encounter similar issues.

Q: I am running the CM Colour Adjuster but when I select the cm0102.exe, it says "Error Opening File"?
A: Go to your Championship Manager 2001/2002 directory (This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Championship Manager 2001-2002), right-click 'cmcolor.exe' and click 'Run as Administrator'.
A: Go to your Championship Manager 2001/2002 directory (This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Championship Manager 2001-2002), right-click 'cmcolor.exe' and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3). If this doesn't work, try a different compatibility mode.
A: Have you left the game open whilst trying to run the tool? If so, close the game down.

Q: Why can't I actually download the theme?
A: Sadly, there is nothing to actually download. The CM Color Adjuster will modify your cm0102.exe, so if we were to share a modified cm0102.exe, you would potentially corrupt your game if you had installed, for example, a saturn patch.

Q: How do I know what value to enter?
A: The best way to figure out the RGB code is to open Paint and paste a picture that contains the colour you'd like to use. For example, copy a Roma image and paste it into Paint. Then click the 'Color Picker' tool and click on the colour you'd like to identify. Once you've done that, click 'Edit Colors' and there you should see a value in the Red, Green and Blue boxes. These are the values you then need to enter into the relevant row in the CM Color Adjuster.
ChampFan
Youth Team Player

Problems with the color adjuster

Post by ChampFan »

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

I recently downloaded the "CM Color Adjuster" and everything seemed to be working well until I clicked "OK" after making some colour changes in "cmcolor-1.02". But then I ran the game and no changes had been made at all. I went back to "cmcolor-102" and all the RGB values were the original ones. It seems like every time I click "OK" no changes are made. The next time I open it it's all gone back to default :(

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!
ChampFan
Youth Team Player

Problems with the color adjuster

Post by ChampFan »

I've just found out what was wrong. I wasn't using a required Championship Manager version for this patch.

Problem solved!
Mark
Chairman

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by Mark »

Moved your post into the Using CM Color Adjuster thread.

When you say you weren't using a required CM version, what do you mean? Did you need to install 3.9.68?
ChampFan
Youth Team Player

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by ChampFan »

Yes, that's what I meant. I had to install "3.9.68" to get it working.

PS Thanks for your answer!
Mark
Chairman

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by Mark »

Thanks for confirming, I'll add it as a Q&A.
GOATSS
Youth Team Player

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by GOATSS »

i cant get darkmode v1 to work im sure i followed the instructions
Mark
Chairman

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by Mark »

Going to need a little more information than that. Are you getting errors? Are you applying it but just not appearing in the game?

Have you tried following the instructions again, to the letter? Did you run the exe of the game and the tool as administrator?
ICTPaisley
Youth Team Player

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by ICTPaisley »

Hi hopefully you can help,

I followed all the instructions but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm now thinking it might be because I'm using the .60 version. Could this be the case? If so does that mean that the color adjuster doesn't work with .60 at all?
AMC
VIP

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by AMC »

ChampFan wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:45 pm Yes, that's what I meant. I had to install "3.9.68" to get it working.

PS Thanks for your answer!
This post would suggest so.
Svartowiz
Trialist

Using CM Color Adjuster

Post by Svartowiz »

I have a question. Is it possible at all to get custom colour schemes on Mac? I obviously can't just run the program from Tapani as it's an exe file, but is there any other way to do it? I use the Starter Kit if that makes any difference.